Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Abstraction

Hello, I am Eva (Latvian girl, philosophy student in UWEC 2009/2010)

I had a small conversation yesterday with one of the photo students from UWEC involved in this project. She was concerned that she is not able to take a picture from Latvia (how can I show Latvia if I am not there?) That made me think that this project is a great abstraction.

How easy it is to perceive the music and display it in a photography? Both songs have a lot of cultural elements which makes it even harder.

I have always thought that artists have very sensitive souls and they can feel different levels in music, sculptures, paintings, air... I am excited to see what are you going to catch in these songs!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Eva!

    I agree with you - it's not easy, but it's very interesting for all of us.

    I think that all of us can do this project by finding separate things that we know of our cultures and put them into a story.

    maybe you should tell your friend, that she must get an inspiration from song not showing Latvia as Latvia, but some cultural aspects, fragments or details which associate with Latvia to her.
    I guess I will take a photographic story with my associations with USA which is Michael Jacson. Of course, there are many others, but that song you sent us inspired me to make my story about him..

    ReplyDelete