Monday, March 15, 2010

Idea of logo

Hello!

I am the author of logo for this project. By coincidence I also happen to be a student of Culture College of LatviaJ

First, I am really happy to be a part of this all, the idea is great!! And I wanted to wish all best for photography students and the most important – lots of creativity and original ideas!

So, what about the logo. It took some time to generate the idea – I wanted it to be meaningful enough. Also it had to include something about media used mainly – photography. I was thinking a lot about the name of project – what does mean „perception”? Even more – many different perceptions?

And I ended up with idea, that it is something individual. Point of view, way of seeing things. And to be more specific, in this case – point of view that is based on cultural differences.

So how do you reflect such vast and abstract thing? The visualisation/logo had to be abstract too, so each of viewers can think upon their own meaning of it. By drawing such THING I can suggest just few meanings, sharing and showing my own cultural perception. Well, to give insight in my perspective – i would say it looks either like a cartoon eye (which is one of means, how we can perceive the world around us. In this project, I would say, the most important of them all. Why cartoon? Because it describes modern popular culture a lot...). And another, even more important symbol hidden in this logo, could be simple egg. Beginning of everything, birth of ideas and culture itself. Does it make any sense?

So have a nice day, people!

P.S.What do YOU see in this logo?

2 comments:

  1. Ieva, thank you for this logo and thank you for sharing its meaning. For me it is an eye of bird or bird itself. The bird that can fly even across the ocean (From the US to Latvia and back)
    Liene
    chiu chiu/tweet tweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ieva,
    Many thanks for designing this logo!
    Our class chose this design as their favorite because we enjoyed the whimsy of the eye...or little bird. The handwritten letters suggest human touch and the artists who will interpret one another's music.
    We chose this over the logo w/ the line drawn between culture and perception because we did not want to feel seperate from our colleagues.
    Rather than noticing our differences I imagine we will find more of what we have in common.
    Thank you for participating in this project!!
    Jyl Kelley

    ReplyDelete